Sunday, September 6, 2009

volunteers, reflection, remains & whimsy

I wondered around our yard with my camera today. As I didn't plant any veggies this year, I was delighted a month or two ago to see volunteer tomato plants growing from the previous year's fallen tomatoes. What a luscious treat a ripe tomato is eaten fresh from/in the garden!

Here I caught my reflection, along with the clouds, in the water of our pool.

This is the remains of a clematis flower. As beautiful & interesting as the blossom itself, don't you think? Looks like something Tim Burton would dream up.


And what would a garden/home be without some whimsy here & there? This is just one of several smiles we've sprinkled about.

1 comment:

Melissa ;-) said...

You are so right about the beauty of the clematis, the taste of fresh tomato, and the need for whimsy. To have all in one garden (and a pool) is quite a blessing!