Thursday, September 10, 2009

let your life speak

This evening I finished reading "Let Your Life Speak - Listening for the Voice of Vocation" by Parker J. Palmer. It's insightful and thought-provoking. As I thought through what the author had shared, I noticed I'd highlighted & tabbed at least a dozen pages. With that much good stuff, I decided to share a few paragraphs. I went to the publisher's website to find the correct form to request permission. That's where I saw notice that it will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process my request. I'm not that patient, so must forgo sharing the paragraphs I'd selected and opt instead for just one sentence (which I hope won't get me in trouble with copyright laws).

"We are here not only to transform the world but also to be transformed." ~ Parker J. Palmer

You can read more about this book on Amazon.com (and I suppose several other sites that sell books). It's a great little book that I highly recommend. My thanks to Patti Digh for suggesting it.

Oh, and yes, I need a fourth category for my blogging (see yesterday's post) entitled "other." {smile}

No comments: