Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FP dragonflies & 100 days


It's been awhile since I posted. Unwanted family drama visited, taking my time & energy. Before that, I was able to play a tad, and the last two nights catch up on some sleep, so I'm back & ready to engage again.

Here are a couple of dragonflies I made using Friendly Plastic (click on the image to see a closer view). I added glass beads to the bottom one before coating with gloss glaze. The effect is a little like the veins on real wings. The top dragonfly shows the veins that were part of the original metal charm I used to press into the FP.

Did you know, counting today, there are 100 days left in 2009? Time flies fast. Life passes quickly. Get out there & enjoy it while you can! And don't forget to come back & visit!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Time does fly!

Smullis said...

I LOVE this!! Dragonflies are my thing, but aside from that, the composition of this piece is just calming. Brilliant!

Diane said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors and the glow!