Sunday, April 5, 2009

circus rose & encouragement to keep showing up

April 5th and it's snowing. Hopefully tonight's forecasted freeze won't harm any new growth emerging in the garden (cross those figners!).

I took a few photos of the beautiful flowers DH gave me yesterday. They are circus roses... bright yellow with orange-red tips & edges... my favorite colors for flowers... simply stunning. Up close, the petals look a little bit like peach skin, don't they?


I'm off to tidy up the studio so my muse feels welcome. I'm starting my Wonderland challenge this afternoon and would love her help.


You may have already seen this video, but if not, I came across it today and found it intriguing. It's Elizabeth Gilbert talking about creative "genius." I'm going to keep showing up. How about you?


2 comments:

Whisperings 13 said...

beautiful! i love roses when they have just a hint of other colors- silly, but it gives me hope, even the most beautiful rose has an urge to be something, more...
:::warmth:::: <--- passing what little I have here to you. LOL -
we'll share till it hits 70 for more than a day, okay?
:o)

Cat Stegall said...

ohh so very sorry you have snow..oh my,well it just means you will really enjoy the first warm breeze! Thanks for the kind comments on the yahoo group forum!!! Cathee