Wednesday, March 18, 2009

sunshine on a stem

I stopped by the store this afternoon for some juice and as I was walking in, spotted a bundle of yellow daisies. As it had been cloudy & gray most of the day, the bright yellow called to me in a way not to be refused. I checked the price and grinned... yes, I could indulge. Entering our home, I grabbed my favorite green pitcher, filled it with water and began arranging. As I did, the clouds passed and sunshine poured through the windows.

I think Emma Goldman said it best:

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."

~ Emma Goldman


Later, when I downloaded the pictures from my camera, I took a few minutes to play. I love seeing what different effects the various photo software will have on pictures. One of my favorites is negative ~ especially when the real color is yellow. The resulting blue is my favorite color.




If you want to see some pretty cool examples of negative photos, check this post from Tracey at Wadsworth Noll Studio:

No comments: