Saturday, February 14, 2009

soaring






Today I'm participating in a blog party ~ my first! Check it out here: http://www.collagediva.com/souljournal/


When a pal shared info about the Soul Journal Party being open to all, I visited the site ~ and soon marked it as a favorite! To participate in today's party, one need only sign up, post something today, then visit other blogs. Who'd turn that down? Today's post could be about anything, but I kept with the bird theme, since I'd just finished making positive artist affirmation cards with birds on them for one of my Yahoo groups.

First I cut soft aluminum, ran it through a Wizard with a Fiskars plate to emboss it, then ran it back through without the Fiskars plate. This flattened the image, yet retained the outline. Next I glued it to lightweight cardboard, dabbed on Adirondack alcohol inks, stamped & cut out the bird, printed & cut out "soar" and attached both using Mod Podge. Last I glued on the little rhinestone and my contact information on the back. The cards will go in the mail today. Now to click "Publish Post" so I can go visit everyone's blogs! I can't wait!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish I was on your mailing list! These are such a great idea. I love that you posted the process!

Christy said...

very nice! love your birds and the rhinestone is such a cute bit of glitter on them!

Mary S. Hunt said...

happy valentines day
very nice valentines!

Lisa said...

They're gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day.

Lizzi said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love the different textures. Happy Valentine's Day!

{Daydreamer} said...

Those are great affirmation cards, Di! Have a happy Valentine's day! I'll see you later.
XOXO,
Heather :)

Sarah Whitmire said...

Happy Valentines day! I love your metal cards. :)


*SOUL HUGS*

Sarah

Lady North said...

You and I share a few things: first, I have just discovered Tim Holz alcohol inks and have you heard the latest? grungepaper? Can't wait to see that..and ooooo yes..it's my first blog party as well..so happy blogpartying to you too! Blessings from a sister SJ!
LN

Kathryn Costa said...

I'm so glad that you found your way to my Soul Journal blog. How cool that you had a project in the works that tied in with the theme - a little serendipity! I love affirmations and your artist affirmation cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your process.

Happy Valentine's Day
{soul hugs}
k

Sandy said...

Love the card and thanks for sharing the technique! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Your affirmation cards are beautiful - Happy Valentines Day!

Thauna said...

Happy Valentine's Day...what a fun blog you have!!! So many bits of inspiration. I love your metal affirmation cards, just beautiful!

bethbbk said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing today.

Dawn said...

Love your sweet cards! I enjoyed visiting here - thanks for sharing so much. Best Wishes ;o)

Judy H said...

Yes, maybe the post office will misdeliver 1 of your cards to me instead! They are beautiful.