Wednesday, February 25, 2009

it's like fertilizer...

Woo-hoo! The March/April edition of Somerset Studio was in the mail box when I arrived home from work today! I can't wait to open it and soak in the beauty within. I won't, however, allow myself that luxury until I finish my current art challenge. I must stay focused. Enjoying the publication will be part of my reward.

Are you like me when it comes to Stampington & Company publications? As much as I want to skip ahead and see what awaits me, I know I'll miss something delightful if I don't read every word and take in every picture. Thus, I've made it a firm rule to never skip ahead.... savor each page as it comes. I keep post-its at hand to mark the pages with thoughts, quotes, pictures that touch me, or websites I want to visit. Devoured publications are stored within arms reach in my studio for inspiration or dreamy blog hopping. It's like fertilizer for my muse to sprinkle about...

1 comment:

Whisperings 13 said...

I m so bad I have been known to "pet" the cover. ROFL- there is just something about the feel of the quality of paper they use, and the anticipation of what the pages hold that inspires just by picking it up. (in such a NON dirty way- ROFLMAO- yeah - ok - now i sound like a mag perv!!)