Friday, July 31, 2009

Snow White in July

The current challenge for Mixed Media Mischief Makers is Snow White. Personally, I don't care for the story; it's far too dark for my taste. However, I love a challenge and the members of MMMM are great, so I gave it a try. Here's my piece. I like it much more than my Alice in Wonderland piece. That one was far too busy for my taste. This one is simpler....more focused on what I wanted to draw attention to from the story.


This 8 x 8 mixed media on canvas includes acrylics, polymer clay, floral tape & UTEE. My photo doesn't show the color variation & texture of the background, but I think you get the gist. I tried to focus on the contrast between how ugly & cruel deception is and how it can deceive us with shiny, luscious beauty.

Tell me.... what part of Snow White captures your imagination?

No comments: