Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm a little late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The stress of year-end and the holidays over, 12/31 I had 6+ inches cut from my hair & highlights added. I wanted a new look (not to mention, less prep time) to go with my renewed dedication to creativity & living a balanced life. I awoke 01/01 with a terrible sore throat & have been in my pj's ever since. Not up to creating art, I've used my sporadic awake-time to read & ogle every page of the latest issue of Somerset Studio before starting a new book, "life is a verb" by Patti Digh. What a great book this is! I'm so glad I ordered it as a holiday gift to myself. It blends beautifully with setting my 2009 goals. I love how she tells stories for illustration, and uses words I'm unfamiliar with so I must keep my pocket dictionary handy ~ exercise for my mind!

When I feel better, I have new toys to play with so who knows what you might see on my blog in the upcoming weeks. My awesome husband gave me new acrylic paints, Prismacolor markers, an electric dremmel (I'd been using a hand-me-down rechargeable from my dad) and Bamboo Fun from Wacom (electronic pen tablet). Was Santa good to you too?

Here's to a fantastic 2009, everyone!

No comments: