Sunday, November 16, 2008

today's adventure: resist/batik technique

One of the primary reasons I created a blog was to push myself to procrastinate less and create more. What to create and what I hope to someday call my true passion I have yet to discover, which is why I dabble in so many things. As anxious as I am to discover where my heart really sings, I focus on enjoying the discovery process itself. Try this ~ try that ~ hmm, I wonder what would happen if I do this....oh, that's cool....ummm, that didn't work. You get the picture. All this experimenting takes time, and I like to go slow to take it all in ~ savor the experience. Anyway, today I'm posting a "before" in order to force myself to deliver an "after."

Last night I found Lydia Fiedler's blog by way of Michelle Zindorf's blog. I was intrigued by the resist/batik tutorial and plan to give it a try today. Check it out:
http://understandblue.blogspot.com/2008/11/worst-invention-since-pinto-tutorial.html We're going to the symphony this afternoon (the kid in me can't wait ~ it's Bugs Bunny on Broadway), so I'll try the technique before we leave and make something with it afterwards. I'll post results tonight.

No comments: