Tuesday, June 25, 2019

airplane mobile repair


This week's post is a bit different, but it's still something creative. My father used to fly radio controlled airplanes and it brought him much joy. Now that he no longer flies his planes, this old airplane mobile is about the only airplane-related item he has. I wanted to fix it up after all these years of neglect. Some chain was missing and one of the hoops was gone, but I had chain that was similar and was able to make a new hoop out of 9 gauge galvanized steel wire. The wire wasn't easy to bend, even with a wire bender, so it's not perfectly round, but it's close enough. A little paint so it matches the rust on the other hoops and voilĂ !  It brought a smile to face when I hung it up for him Sunday - definitely worth my time this week. ♥

No comments: