Tuesday, June 11, 2019

yes, gardening is creating


The weather has been so good I gave up the craft room again this past week to work in the garden. The rock riverbed had filled in with so much dirt over the years the rocks could barely be seen, so it was time to rip it out and start anew. It was a lot of work and took nearly every night as well as the majority of the weekend, but it looks a lot of better. Next to it at the south end I set up a small memorial area for Mom, under the lilac bush. It includes a memorial wind chime from my coworkers and a memorial stone from my best friend. ♥


I also ripped out a few roses that were diseased and had gone wild, amended the soil and planted a mix of flowers for hummingbirds. The bees and butterflies flower mix I planted awhile back hasn't germinated as well as I'd expected, so I sprinkled more seeds there. The seeds that didn't germinate were from a school fundraiser so I don't feel so bad about the cost. In another section of the garden, the wildflower seeds I ordered online and planted just a couple weeks ago are sprouting nicely (although they might not show up in the photo below). 



The best part of the garden is the tomato plants. They're looking really good this year - best ever at this point in the season. Then again, I got them in much earlier than usual. 


As of this post, I've been blogging five weeks and it's helping keep me on track with my creativity goals. It's supposed to rain this week so I'll likely switch my creative time from the garden back to the craft room.

No comments: