Monday, June 3, 2019

planting seeds


Yesterday morning I was torn. I wanted to get out in the garden since it was my first free day without rain in a long time and I don't have everything planted yet, yet I'd committed to creating every week and hadn't made it into the craft room in several days. As I poured my thoughts out onto my journal page, I entertained the idea that gardening is actually a creative endeavor. I hopped out to google and found numerous people and studies that confirm this (here's one I especially like), and decided then and there I was going to enjoy my creative time in the garden without guilt, saving the craft room for rainy days. So, this week my creative photo is of the herb garden which I overhauled Sunday - removing the cedar mulch and landscape fabric, ripping out plants that have been doing poorly, working/amending the soil and planting a boatload of wildflowers. It was a long, hard day but very enjoyable and therapeutic. 

No comments: