1. Select, cut and grind glass into various shapes and sizes. Once in awhile I'll use pre-cut Ranger Memory Glass -- it's thinness pairs well with thick backgrounds. Most of the time, however, I'm working with textured glass.
2. Stencil, stamp and/or ink various metals or other materials to create the background.
3. Attach the glass to the background with copper foil and burnish.
4. Solder with lead-free solder.
5. If desired, grind off some of the solder for a worn/weathered look.
6. Either make bales from wire and attach with solder or glue on a purchased bale.
7. Apply glaze and let dry. Repeat as many times as needed to achieve the intended look and feel.
8. If desired, add embellishments such as wire, beads, charms, etc.
The photo below shows the current set of pendants drying after the first round of glaze.
I'm planning to announce the Etsy store opening soon, so please stay tuned. In the meantime, happy Thanksgiving, everyone!