Saturday, July 9, 2011

friendly plastic play date

Over the last few years on my last job, I occasionally worked with a gal whom I'd never met in person. All our interaction was over the phone or computer. Regardless, we discovered things in common and struck up a friendship. She recently left work to pursue her creative dreams and invited me to come to her studio to play sometime. Still unemployed myself, I took an afternoon off from job-hunting and finally met my friend in person. What a delight! We spent the afternoon getting to know each other a little better and playing with Friendly Plastic. She'd purchased some but not taken the time to use it so I showed her some very basic techniques. She has no fear & immediately began experimenting. Here's a photo she snapped of the results of our first play date:

I'm grateful for this "new" creative friend in my life, and look forward to our next play date. She's pursuing her dream and so willing to share herself. As Louise Hay said, "Everyone in my life has something to teach me. We have a purpose in being together."

Believe,
Di

1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

WONDERFUL DI!!!
I am so happy for you as having that creative outlet makes life better in a multitude of ways.
And I still am amazed at your use of the friendly plastic, that was *not* friendly with me at all...LOL!!!
Congrats my friend!

XXOO~~
Anne