Monday, May 16, 2011

check in and bookmark swap

Yowsa! It's been six weeks since my last post. If anyone tells you looking for employment is a full-time job in itself, believe them! While I look forward to receiving a paycheck again, this transition period and journey of exploration has been tremendously rewarding as far as personal growth. I've met some fabulous women and discovered paths and opportunities I didn't know existed. Going out into the world after nearly 29 years at one company is like discovering a complete library of books when previously you only had access to a few. Oh, the possibilities!

Speaking of books, I've read several so far this year and if I had to pick just one to recommend, I'd recommend Aspire by Kevin Hall. I finished it and immediately started reading it again... it's that good. If you want something to get you thinking & truly inspire you, read this book.

And now for the 'goods.' In April I signed up for a Yahoo Group bookmark swap for May. It was a perfect push for me to create something when I might not otherwise take the time. I created yesterday and oh what fun I had! Creating was fun... the challenge was trying to make items that the recipients might like. I know one of the gals but the other two are new to me, so I had to make assumptions based on previous correspondence I'd seen from them, blogs, etc. Anyhoo.... here's what I ended up with:



The beautiful image of an Indian postcard is from Stampington & Company, cat stencil by All Night Media, and daisy paper by DCWV. Twinkling H2Os made one of the daisies pop out, along with a mixture of embossing powders for the center. It was a great day and I look forward to my next stint playing/creating. In the meantime, I leave you with a quote from Aspire:

"Talents and gifts do not reduce or diminish when shared; they expand and increase like the widening ripples from a pebble dropped in water." ~ Kevin Hall

Believe,
Di

1 comment:

Jaime Haney said...

Hello! Glad you are back. I really like your bookmarks you've made. I especially like the embossed one. I'm sure the swappers will love them. That is a great quote, I love it.