Tuesday, August 31, 2010

books aside

My free, gently-used art books didn't fly off the shelves like I thought they might but that's ok. I'm sure I'll find loving homes for them at some point. For now, I'm putting them aside to begin a creative collaboration with my online pal Phyll. She's worked with countless mediums and is always experimenting with new things. I'm anxious to see what she does. Heck, I'm anxious to see what I do, since it's been quite awhile since I've played on that side of the studio! LOL! I'll share the photos/scans of the pieces when they're done. For now, I'll leave you with a quote:

"The root meaning of the word art is "to fit together" and we all do this every day. Not all of us are painters, but we are all artists. Each time we fit things together we are creating -- whether it is to make a loaf of bread, a child, a day." ~ Corita Kent

1 comment:

tami said...

I got my book in the mail today! Thank you, thank you!!!