Tuesday, November 5, 2019

absence & watercolor workshop


I caught a bug a couple days after my 10/9 post which took me out of commission for awhile. Then I revamped my craft room / home office shared space to include a dedicated yoga/meditation space. Then work got hectic with very long hours. The last few days life is finally returning to some normalcy 😊. 

This past weekend I attended an all-day watercolor workshop. It wasn't what I'd hoped or expected, but still a day well-spent. It was really nice to be in a group of others interested in learning watercolor, sharing their experiences and seeing how they make art. I love how we're all so unique! We got to practice and experiment for part of the class, and I learned ways to use a pallet knife with watercolor. At the end of class we used tape to mask off tree trunks, painted the background, then removed the tape to paint the trunks. I liked the effects of the knife on the trunks and will incorporate it in future work. The photo above shows how my piece was at the end of class. When I got home, I kept working on it. It still has a ways to go...

No comments: