Saturday, February 9, 2013

286 day cessation is over!


Greetings & Happy 2013! Yes, I’m late, but considering it’s been 286 days since my last post, I’m doing well to only be 39 days late saying Happy New Year – ha! Seriously, I’ve missed the online community and am touched and grateful to see only one follower left during my long absence. Thank you for sticking around, folks – this is going to be an awesome year!

After I post this, I intend to spend quite a bit of time blog hopping and catching up on your blogs. As for me, well since my last post in April, I’ve helped my hubby remodel our kitchen (totally gutted it then hubby built custom cabinets – will share before & after photos in the next couple months), lost 10 pounds, read several books (see list at right), made some new friends & reconnected with some old friends. Along the way a couple elderly family members departed and three new step-grandbabies arrived. Things are never dull. Well, I take that back, my craft skills have dulled from not being used. THAT will be rectified this year.

For now, I wanted to get my first 2013 post under my belt and since I haven’t crafted, I’m sharing a photo of one of the best and brightest parts of my life. This is Winston. He rescued me six years ago today and this is a photo of his first car ride home from the shelter. Enjoy that cute little face while I go off to visit your blogs ^smile^

Believe, 
Di 

2 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

Oh! WInston is darling! What a cute little face and lots of love in his eyes. It was wonderful to "see" you again at my blog... thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bathroom remodel. I wish we could do some remodels here, but we are renters so... I can't wait to see what this year will bring for you. I'll be back to visit again next time you post!! HuGGs!
Debi

DVArtist said...

That is a cute little face. Thank you for stopping by and wishing me well. Yes, I have done this dance with lupus for the last 13 years. Just a bit more difficult this time. I will not allow lupus to win, however.
Have a wonderful day and weekend.
Nicole/Beadwright