Thursday, December 11, 2008

uh-oh, I've been found out

I suspected it would happen... actually knew it probably would happen before I found a way to do it myself. See... a couple of years after I started playing with greeting cards, I met a true stamp enthusiast who became my personal enabler (in the best of ways). A couple of summers ago (yes, I checked today & it was 06/06/06) we arranged a play date at my place. She brought all kinds of goodies and showed me various techniques. Before leaving, she loaned some cool stamps to me, basically saying "go forth and create." Since then we've occasionally had show-n-tells where we share various things we've created & how we did them (mostly, she's sharing cool stuff with me but once in great while, I come up with something she hasn't tried). Anyway.... for some reason I don't really understand, I've kept my blog quiet from her, waiting for just the right time (crazy, I know) to share it with her (wtf I'm waiting for, I have no idea). Today, she says to me with a mischievous smile, "You've been holding out on me." I knew instantly I was busted. Of course she'd stumble across my blog at some point. She's been blogging for over a year, participating in Yahoo groups, swaps, getting published, you name it. At some point she was bound to stumble on my blog on one of those nights when she's getting deeper & deeper into blogland (you all know what I mean..... you go into one person's blog, discover another, and another and after awhile, wonder how you got where you are and why the house is so quiet...yes everyone went to bed hours ago and your alarm won't possibly be loud enough to wake you up the "next" day).

So, without further ado, I'd like to say THANK YOU to my pal Jodi. If you don't already know of her Art from the hArt blog, please, take a moment to check it out (I don't think you'll regret it). She's truly a gem, and one I'm very grateful to have in my life.

http://www.artfromthehart.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha thank God for friends they sure make getting found out worth all the trouble in keeping a secret! Well I love your blog and hope she likes it too. Now I am subscribed to her blog too, she owes you! *smile*

Jodi said...

*snicker* I am so tickled to have a fellow artist to share with and enable now and then..! I really enjoy your blog, Di...and your art is so inspiring...! Thanks for the link -- I'm adding yours to my list!! Have a great weekend!