Saturday, February 13, 2021


Valentine's cards were completed last weekend and mailed. As I was working on them I realized I gravitate to simple, clean designs. New (to me) techniques utilized include: 

  • Washi tape. It's been around for years and lots of people love it. I bought a variety pack and found it just ok. I'll use it in the future but doubt I'll buy any more. 
  • Weaving. I had leftover strips of patterned paper from another project and decided to see how they looked woven together. SUCCESS! 
  • Brayer rolling. The solid red card stock was just too plain but I didn't want to stamp anything on it because it would complete with the paper paper underneath. I looked up, noticed the brayer rollers on the pegboard and used one to roll ink onto the card stock. The roller I chose had some imperfections which created a textured/ sketchy effect to the inking. Yes, others have been doing this for years but this was my first time. Love the effect! 
  • Blending brush. Having seen this tip on one of the Facebook groups I'm in, I bought a make-up brush from Dollar Tree, tapped it on an ink pad and used it to highlight the embossing so it stands out. Definite thumbs up! 

All in all, I had fun, learned some things and made a few friends and family members smile when they received their cards and realized someone was thinking of them. Life is good! 

Next up: I'm dusting off the polymer clay supplies to play around with that medium for awhile. It's been 10 years and the clay might be dried out. If it is, I'll buy just enough to play a bit so I can decide if I want to get active with this medium or let go of the supplies to free up space. At this point I have no clue how things will play out - LOL. 

Believe,
Di

 

No comments: