Sunday, February 2, 2020

catch up post


It's been nearly three weeks since my last post. I joined a new yoga program that started January 12 and it's been taking increasingly more and more time - far more than I originally anticipated. However, my health is my #1 priority so I'm giving this new program the time it needs. Things will level out a bit after the intensive initial training is complete (end of February) and I transition to "just" continue the practice each day. I've been practicing yoga for 15+ years and have wanted to take it to the next level for the last few years, but didn't act on it until an opportunity appeared late December and rather than overthink it, I jumped on it. So glad I did! The program is beyond excellent. 

Back to creating....  so, I haven't had time to post but I have made time to create here and there. The photo above shows my recent efforts. The landscape was actually done in December, but I didn't get it posted until now. I think it's my favorite to-date. 

Next weekend I'm attending another all-day watercolor workshop. I hope it ignites my waning creativity. There have been many times this month I could've spent more time creating, but just didn't have the energy/drive for it. Part of that was likely work hours/stress, but it's not entirely to blame. We are all in control of our lives, whether we always admit it or not.

No comments: