Sunday, August 18, 2019

glass for art


No watercolor practice this week, but I did meet a watercolor artist at the State Fair Friday, buy some of her art and talk with her about the classes she teaches (both watercolor and quilting). I will likely take a class from her at some point - she's talented and nice. 

I spent the majority of my day today sorting through, cleaning and organizing the stained glass my husband no longer wants (too small for him so I get them). They'd been stored in open boxes in his shop where he also does wood working, so they had lots of sawdust on them. I'll use them to make pendants and jewelry, as well as small stained glass items. I *might* use some to make mosaic art as well. I've not worked with mosaics before, but I saw something recently out of larger pieces of glass than the usual mosaic art, and liked the effect.

No comments: